I'm sitting in the IES center and it's all brand new. Unfortunately, I won't have internet in my room for a little over a week, but I will eventually.
So far, I've hardly slept except for when I first arrived. I really shouldn't have slept in as late as I did but someone *dad* let me sleep until 14:00. I'm getting in the European spirit, so watch out! And don't be surprised if I use sporadic German words throughout my posts.
Anyway, after I slept the day away, my dad and I hopped on a train from Frankfort to Freiburg. What a concept these Europeans thought up... the train station, the airport AND the hotel were all under one roof. How compact and practical!
The train ride down was beautiful, but it got dark pretty quickly. Dad and I then checked into our new hotel and wandered around for a while and then attempted to sleep. Unsuccessful sleep night number one.
On Tuesday we wandered around. I got my phone fixed and walked to the EU center. There, I met up with a girl who I met on facebook who was here by herself. We walked around, went out to lunch, and then left my dad at Starbucks. It was nice being the one who spoke enough German to get around! It's all coming back to me pretty quickly and I can understand most of what people are saying. Responding in full, grammatically correct sentences, though, is another issue entirely. All of my sentences are phrases because I got those down.
Nicole and I wandered around Karstadt, a German department store. The basement was a full out grocery, the four floors in between were kind of like a classic American department store but with more. The fourth floor (fifth in the US) was a cafeteria with a gorgeous view of the surrounding mountains.
Time to go! i#ll write more soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment